If you’re not already using Pinterest for your business, now is the time! Pinterest can be used for B2B and B2C sales and is one of the fastest growing social platforms out there. It’s also being used more and more as a search engine, so now’s the time to jump on board!
Using Pinterest to find your recipes and DIY projects is great, but using it to increase traffic is even better. The key to increasing your traffic though, first lies in getting people to find your pins and click on them. That’s where keywords come in.
Here are 7 places to use keywords on Pinterest to increase your visibility.
- Profile: your username, bio and business name are all places to use keywords that will help people find you.
- Boards: update your title & description to include keywords and 2-3 key hashtags
- Pin Descriptions: update your descriptions to include up to 500 keywords and at least 2-3 keywords and hashtags
- Pin Titles: Include keywords in your titles
- Image name: just like website SEO, use keywords to name your images
- Hashtags: limit this to just a few relevant hashtags in your descriptions
- Image text: if you’re adding images with text, make sure to use keywords in the image.
Use keywords to increase your visibility on Pinterest.